Full 10 Yard Kilt
Use our database of the historic major clans and kindreds of Highland and Lowland Scotland and their 'septs' - lesser clans and surnames historically associated with them.
Can't find a particular name or clan? We're continually updating our records based on the most recent research - if you have any queries contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a clan, a kindred, or a sept? Find out at Clancentral
Enter your surname to search the Clans, Kindreds and Septs
Browse the major Scottish Clans and Kindreds here
Find your tartan and view swatches with our Tartan Finder. You can search for tartans by family name, clan name or colour or just browse our A-Z list.
Search for your tartan by entering the tartan, clan, surname or location below or Search by colour by clicking one of the colour boxes:
Browse our A-Z list of tartans by clicking on a letter below
You searched for: tartans. There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search againToo many results? You can filter your results by a stripe colour.
You searched for: . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
You searched for: Tartans beginning with . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
The 10-yard kilt is recommended for gentlemen with larger seat (hip) sizes above 52", to ensure a fuller feel and finer pleating.
As with all our kilts, this garment is Made in Scotland by our own trained kilt makers. They are fully canvas lined with 3 buckles to ensure an excellent fit.
The kilt is machine stitched and hand finished from 9 yards of worsted wool, available in our full range of tartans from Lochcarron of Scotland, Marton Mills, Strathmore Woollens and House of Edgar.
Kilt pin and sporran may be purchased separately.
Tartan Finder Disclaimer:
As each of the mills has supplied their own images, or they have been taken from fabric samples, please note that the setts are not to scale when comparing tartans of different mills. Also, as screen resolutions vary, colours may differ slightly from those seen here. If unsure, we’d encourage you to purchase a swatch of the fabric before buying.
- Waist: measure firmly around waist at navel (belly button) height.
- Seat: measure around the largest part of the seat area.
- Kilt Length: measure from the top of the hip at navel height to the top or middle of the knee. As a rule of thumb, your kilt length should be no shorter than a third of your height.
- Height: provide this in feet and inches.
This item is made to order in our own tailoring workshop in Glasgow, with a standard delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks. If you need it sooner please select the option above. Our tailors can accommodate most requests, please contact us at email@example.com or add notes to your order at checkout.
- Marton Mills Bute (mediumweight)
- Marton Mills Jura (heavyweight)
- House of Edgar Nevis (heavyweight) +£30
- House of Edgar Hebredian (mediumweight) +£30
- House of Edgar Dark Island (mediumweight) +£30
- House of Edgar Emblem (mediumweight) +£30
- Lochcarron Breariach (mediumweight) +£36
- Lochcarron Strome (heavyweight) +£60
- Strathmore T7 and W60 (mediumweight) +£36
- House of Edgar Old and Rare (heavyweight) +£240
- House of Edgar Regimental (v. heavyweight) +£240