Full 8 Yard Kilt
Measure around waist at navel height. Take measurement firmly, so that kilt may sit comfortably without falling down. Do not breath in or hold your breath.
B) Seat Measurement
Measure around the broadest part of the seat/hips. This measurement should be taken with 2 fingers inside the tape to avoid it being too tight.
C) Kilt Length
You will need someone to assist with this measurement. Stand with your feet comfortably apart and have your assistant measure from the top of your hip bone (approximatly level with the navel), to the top of the knee or mid knee as desired. It is personal preference as to where you would like the kilt to sit but as a general rule the kilt should not sit above or below the knee cap.
D) Full Height
This is a useful measurement to help validte the Kilt Length measurement.
Use our database of the historic major clans and kindreds of Highland and Lowland Scotland and their 'septs' - lesser clans and surnames historically associated with them.
Can't find a particular name or clan? We're continually updating our records based on the most recent research - if you have any queries contact email@example.com.
What is a clan, a kindred, or a sept? Find out at Clancentral
Enter your surname to search the Clans, Kindreds and Septs
Browse the major Scottish Clans and Kindreds here
Find your tartan and view swatches with our Tartan Finder. You can search for tartans by family name, clan name or colour or just browse our A-Z list.
Search for your tartan by entering the tartan, clan, surname or location below or Search by colour by clicking one of the colour boxes:
Browse our A-Z list of tartans by clicking on a letter below
You searched for: tartans. There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search againToo many results? You can filter your results by a stripe colour.
You searched for: . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
You searched for: Tartans beginning with . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
As with all our kilts, this garment is Made in Scotland by our own trained kilt makers. They are fully canvas lined with 3 buckles to ensure an excellent fit.
The kilt is machine stitched and hand finished from 8 yards of worsted wool, available in our full range of tartans from Lochcarron of Scotland, Marton Mills, Strathmore Woollens and House of Edgar.
Kilt pin and sporran may be purchased separately.
- Waist: measure firmly around waist at navel (belly button) height.
- Seat: measure firmly around the largest part of the seat area.
- Kilt Length: measure from navel height to the top of the knee. As a rule of thumb, your kilt length is usually about one third of your overall height.
- Height: provide this in feet and inches.
This item is made to order in our own tailoring workshop in Glasgow, with a standard delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks. If you need it sooner please select the option above. Our tailors can accommodate most requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or add notes to your order at checkout.
- Marton Mills Bute (mediumweight)
- Marton Mills Jura (heavyweight)
- House of Edgar Nevis (heavyweight) +£12
- House of Edgar Hebredian (mediumweight) +£12
- House of Edgar Dark Island (mediumweight) +£15
- House of Edgar Emblem (mediumweight) +£15
- Lochcarron Breariach (mediumweight) +£30
- Lochcarron Strome (heavyweight) +£55
- Strathmore T7 and W60 (mediumweight) +£55
- House of Edgar Old and Rare (heavyweight) +£128
- House of Edgar Regimental (v. heavyweight) +£128