Use our database of the historic major clans and kindreds of Highland and Lowland Scotland and their 'septs' - lesser clans and surnames historically associated with them.
Can't find a particular name or clan? We're continually updating our records based on the most recent research - if you have any queries contact email@example.com.
What is a clan, a kindred, or a sept? Find out at Clancentral
Enter your surname to search the Clans, Kindreds and Septs
Browse the major Scottish Clans and Kindreds here
Find your tartan and view swatches with our Tartan Finder. You can search for tartans by family name, clan name or colour or just browse our A-Z list.
Search for your tartan by entering the tartan, clan, surname or location below or Search by colour by clicking one of the colour boxes:
Browse our A-Z list of tartans by clicking on a letter below
You searched for: tartans. There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search againToo many results? You can filter your results by a stripe colour.
You searched for: . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
You searched for: Tartans beginning with . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
As with all our kilts and trews, this garment is Made in Scotland in our Glasgow workshops by our own highly-trained tailors.
These trews are hand stitched from worsted wool, available in a full range of tartans.
- Waist: measure firmly around waist at navel height.
- Seat/Hips: measure around the largest part of the seat/hips area.
- Inside leg: measure from the crotch to the desired length.
If you have any queries regarding the measurement process, or would like some additional information before placing your order please contact us. Our trews are made to a standard size, so your waist, seat, inside leg and height measurements determine the proportions of the outside leg and the thigh measurement. If you want to supply these measurements as well - if you want a higher waist for example, or have any other instructions or requests, please use the text box above.
This item is made to order in our own tailoring workshop in Glasgow, with a standard delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks. If you need it sooner please select the option above. Our tailors can accommodate most requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or add notes to your order at checkout.
Tartan Finder Disclaimer:
As each of the mills has supplied their own images, or they have been taken from fabric samples, please note that the setts are not to scale when comparing tartans of different mills. Also, as screen resolutions vary, colours may differ slightly from those seen here. If unsure, we’d encourage you to purchase a swatch of the fabric before buying.
- Marton Mills Glamis (lightweight)
- Marton Mills Bute (mediumweight)
- Marton Mills Jura (heavyweight)
- Lochcarron Reiver (lightweight) +£18
- Lochcarron Breariach (mediumweight) +£18
- House of Edgar Lightweight +£18
- House of Edgar Nevis (heavyweight) +£18
- House of Edgar Hebredian (mediumweight) +£18
- Strathmoor T7 (lightweight) +£18
- Strathmoor W60 (mediumweight) +£18
- Lochcarron Strome (heavyweight) +£28
- House of Edgar Mediumweight +£45
- House of Edgar Heavyweight +£45
- House of Edgar Old and Rare (mediumweight) +£85
- Welsh Tartans (mediumweight)
- Rare Welsh Tartans (mediumweight) +£30