Take a firm measurement around the waist at a comfortable height.
Measure around the fullest part of seat/hips, place three fingers inside tape to avoid getting this measurement too tight.
C) Desired Length
Desired length including waistband.
D) Full Height
We will also require your overall height to check that measurements appear correct. Please give your full height from head to foot without shoes on.
Use our database of the historic major clans and kindreds of Highland and Lowland Scotland and their 'septs' - lesser clans and surnames historically associated with them.
Can't find a particular name or clan? We're continually updating our records based on the most recent research - if you have any queries contact email@example.com.
What is a clan, a kindred, or a sept? Find out at Clancentral
Enter your surname to search the Clans, Kindreds and Septs
Browse the major Scottish Clans and Kindreds here
Find your tartan and view swatches with our Tartan Finder. You can search for tartans by family name, clan name or colour or just browse our A-Z list.
Search for your tartan by entering the tartan, clan, surname or location below or Search by colour by clicking one of the colour boxes:
Browse our A-Z list of tartans by clicking on a letter below
You searched for: tartans. There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search againToo many results? You can filter your results by a stripe colour.
You searched for: . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
You searched for: Tartans beginning with . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
As with all our kilts, this garment is Made in Scotland by our own trained kilt makers.
The kilted skirt is hand stitched from worsted wool, available in our full range of tartans and weights from the mills detailed below.
- Waist: measure firmly around waist at navel height.
- Seat: measure firmly around the largest part of the seat area. For seat sizes over 46" we'd recommend getting in contact, as more cloth will be needed to give better pleating at the back.
This item is made to order in our own tailoring workshop in Glasgow, with a standard delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks. If you need it sooner please select the option above. Our tailors can accommodate most requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or add notes to your order at checkout.
If you have any queries regarding the measurement process, or would like some additional information before placing your order please contact us.
Tartan Finder Disclaimer:
As each of the mills has supplied their own images, or they have been taken from fabric samples, please note that the setts are not to scale when comparing tartans of different mills. Also, as screen resolutions vary, colours may differ slightly from those seen here. If unsure, we’d encourage you to purchase a swatch of the fabric before buying.
- Marton Mills Bute (mediumweight)
- Marton Mills Jura (heavyweight)
- House of Edgar Nevis (mediumweight) +£12
- House of Edgar Hebredian (mediumweight) +£24
- House of Edgar Lightweight +£24
- Lochcarron Reiver (lightweight) +£24
- Lochcarron Breariach (mediumweight) +£24
- Strathmoor T7 (lightweight) +£24
- Strathmoor W60 (mediumweight) +£24
- Lochcarron Strome (heavyweight) +£36
- House of Edgar Mediumweight (mediumweight) +£52
- House of Edgar Heavyweight +£52
- House of Edgar Old and Rare (heavyweight) +£100