Use our database of the historic major clans and kindreds of Highland and Lowland Scotland and their 'septs' - lesser clans and surnames historically associated with them.
Can't find a particular name or clan? We're continually updating our records based on the most recent research - if you have any queries contact email@example.com.
What is a clan, a kindred, or a sept? Find out at Clancentral
Enter your surname to search the Clans, Kindreds and Septs
Browse the major Scottish Clans and Kindreds here
Find your tartan and view swatches with our Tartan Finder. You can search for tartans by family name, clan name or colour or just browse our A-Z list.
Search for your tartan by entering the tartan, clan, surname or location below or Search by colour by clicking one of the colour boxes:
Browse our A-Z list of tartans by clicking on a letter below
You searched for: tartans. There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search againToo many results? You can filter your results by a stripe colour.
You searched for: . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
You searched for: Tartans beginning with . There are results. Click a tartan to select it for your item, or search again
- Let us know if you'd like a short jacket for wearing with a kilt, or a longer one, like a suit or blazer jacket.
- Optional epaulettes.
- Imitation horn buttons available in black or brown; or polished 'Clann na Gael' or Irish Harp metal buttons, available in chrome or antique silver
- Optional fastening choices
- Optional cuff finishes
- Internal pocket
- Optional matching Waistcoat
If you have any queries regarding the measurement process, or would like some additional information before placing your order please contact us. Our waistcoats are made to a standard size, so your waist, height and back measurements determine the overall proportions.
If you want to supply additional measurements for your WAIST, SLEEVE, SEAT or HALF BACK as well, or have any other instructions or requests (such as supplying your own buttons) , please use the text box above. As we make all our garments in-house we can cater for most requests.
This item is made to order in our own tailoring workshop in Glasgow, with a standard delivery time of 4 to 6 weeks. If you need it sooner please select the option above. Our tailors can accommodate most requests, please contact us or add notes to your order at checkout.
Tartan Finder Disclaimer:
As each of the mills has supplied their own images, or they have been taken from fabric samples, please note that the setts are not to scale when comparing tartans of different mills. Also, as screen resolutions vary, colours may differ slightly from those seen here. If unsure, we’d encourage you to purchase a swatch of the fabric before buying.
- Marton Mills Bute (mediumweight)
- Marton Mills Jura (heavyweight)
- House of Edgar Nevis (heavyweight) +£12
- Lochcarron Reiver (lightweight) +£15
- Lochcarron Breariach (mediumweight) +£15
- Strathmore W60 (mediumweight) +£25
- Lochcarron Strome (heavyweight) +£30
- House of Edgar Mediumweight +£30
- House of Edgar Old and Rare (heavyweight) +£60
- House of Edgar Regimental (v. heavyweight) +£60